We can help you overcome the barriers in your personal life and in your community that may be interfering with your independence. When seeking a more independent lifestyle, most people find that the appropriate services or technology can make all the difference.
The League staff will help you examine your personal situation. We’ll work with you to utilize agency services, obtain funding, arrange for personal assistance with daily activities, or find the specialized equipment you need to enjoy a more independent lifestyle.
To help you reach your goals the League offers the following services:
- Information and Referral
- Systems Advocacy
- Individual Advocacy
- Peer Support
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Transition from nursing facilities and other institutions into community-based living
- Assistance aimed at avoiding institutionalization
- Making the transition from secondary education to adult life
- Assistance in Finding and Paying for Accessible Housing
- Financial Benefits Counseling
- Equipment Sales, Repair, Loan, and Rental
- Assistance in Hiring Personal Assistants and/or Chore Providers
- Grants (Available in Some Communities) to Make Homes Wheelchair Accessible
- Services Coordination for Nebraska’s Medicaid Waiver Program
Other services available at various League locations: Model Homes, Vehicle and Equipment Sales, and Service through Mobility Options—a Subsidiary of the League of Human Dignity.